Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween approaches....along with Day of the Dead

It's officially a year since I took off for Mexico. I remember how nervous I was, travelling.

It was a long flight but I managed to rest a bit. I remember what I had been told: that I would regret not going on this trip if I stayed behind to go back to work. "When you are on your deathbed, will you remember what job you were at or will you remember this trip? What do you think will come to mind?"

That sort of sealed the deal for me. And I'm so glad I did. Less than two months later I would leave that job but have the memories of Mexico forever ingrained in me. I do not regret going. I do not regret realizing I have but one life to live, and no job is worth my unhappiness.

I continue forward, remembering, caring, but always vigilant and observant.

No comments: